We recently started carrying The Mat, The Ultimate Fondant Application System. The Mat is a 2-mat system that allows you to roll out fondant 1/8″ thick. The capability of rolling your fondant thinner will save you money and also make the taste of fondant more appealing to customers. This new fondant mat is good for all skill levels. And because you don’t use any powdered sugar or corn starch when using the mat, your work space stays clean.
The top mat has size markings for round and square cakes that show you exactly how large you need to roll your fondant to. The Mat comes in 3 sizes: 30″ x 30″, 22″ x 22″, and 15″ x 15″. It is food safe, BPA Free, and made with FDA approved materials. It is also made in the U.S.A. The Mat comes in a tube for easy storage. The manufacturer suggests wiping down the mat with disinfecting wipes to clean after use.
How To Use The Mat Fondant Application System
1. Knead and soften fondant. Flatten the fondant out into a round disk shape. Place fondant on the bottom mat. Place top mat over fondant so that numbers face you and the edges line up.
2. Roll out fondant to the correct size following the measurements on the top mat. To be sure you are at an even thickness, you may stick perfection strips in between the mats.
3. Remove the top mat. Turn over and align on cake. Adhere fondant to the top of the cake.
4. Gently pull fondant away from the mat on the side farthest from you. Pull the mat back towards yourself, letting the weight of the fondant release itself from the mat and fall onto the cake.
5. Remove the folds in the fondant by lightly pulling the fondant away from the cake. Using your hands to adhere the fondant to the cake, start at the top and work your way down the sides.
6. Use a pastry wheel or pizza cutter to trim excess fondant off. Use a fondant smoother to smooth down the edges.
What are some of the benefits of using The Mat?
- You can walk away from the fondant and not worry about it drying out because it’s sealed in between the two mats.
- No more worrying about how you will get the fondant from your counter to the cake without tearing it. Since the fondant is stuck to the bottom mat, all you have to do is flip the mat over and position it on top of the cake.
- You do not have to use cornstarch or powdered sugar when rolling the fondant out, so your fondant stays fresher, longer.
- The measurements are all on the top mat so you can easily see how large a piece of fondant you need to roll out.
Overall, The Mat Fondant Application System is a great tool to have when working with fondant. Whether you are a beginner or have experience with working with fondant, The Mat will save you time and frustration.