Three new designs of Cupcake and Cookie Texture Tops are now available. Scroll, Winter, and Christmas designs allow you to make beautifully detailed treats even if you are a novice decorator. Each set comes with 3 mats, each mat with 4 of the same design. Textured fondant pieces can be applied to cupcakes or cookies, or use the mat to imprint onto cakes! Add color to the textured pieces or leave as is, the detailing is already done for you! There are similar sets also available: Floral, Geometric, and Whimsy Blooms. View these designs along with instructions on using them here, New Cupcake and Cookie Texture Tops.
Tips for using Texture Tops:
- You can use either side of the mat. One side will give a raised impression, the other side will give a recessed impression.
- The diameter of the cupcakes may vary by amount of batter, recipe, and the amount of icing used. Choose the appropriate sized cutter to completely cover the cupcake top.
- Texture mats are not dishwasher safe. Wash in hot, soapy water and lay flat to dry.
- Color may be added using food color markers or thinned food color or royal icing. If using food markers, allow fondant on the cupcake or cookie to firm overnight before applying. Thinned royal icing can be piped into the recessed areas of the textured fondant.
- You can also add fondant accents to embellish the cupcakes or cookies.
Pictures and information taken with permission from Autumn Carpenter Designs. www.autumncarpenter.com