This cool, new product from Autumn Carpenter allows you to make beautifully detailed treats even if you are a novice decorator. There are 3 different sets available: Floral, Geometric, and Whimsy Blooms. Each set comes with 3 mats, each mat with 4 of the same design. Textured fondant pieces can be applied to cupcakes or cookies, or use the mat to imprint onto cakes! Add color to the textured pieces or leave as is, the detailing is already done for you!
How to use Cupcake and Cookie Texture Tops using rolled Icings
First, bake and cool your cupcakes or cookies. Generously ice with your favorite icing. Lightly spray texture mat with cooking spray and wipe excess off with a paper towel.
Step 1: Roll rolled fondant to approximately 1/16″ thickness. Place the smooth, rolled side of the fondant face down onto the texture mat. Starting at one end, firmly roll pin over the fondant to the opposite end. Do NOT double roll.
Step 2: Lift the mat and the fondant and flip over so that the fondant is on the bottom and the mat is on top. Peel mat from the fondant. Cut out fondant designs using a cutter from Autumn Carpenter Cupcake Top Fondant Cutters.
Step 3: Place the textured fondant circle on top of the iced cupcake or cookie. If the icing has crusted, brush a thin layer of piping gel onto the icing or slightly dampen with water from a squeeze bottle.
- You can use either side of the mat. One side will give a raised impression, the other side will give a recessed impression.
- The diameter of the cupcakes may vary by amount of batter, recipe, and the amount of icing used. Choose the appropriate sized cutter to completely cover the cupcake top.
- Texture mats are not dishwasher safe. Wash in hot, soapy water and lay flat to dry.
- Color may be added using food color markers or thinned food color or royal icing. If using food markers, allow fondant on the cupcake or cookie to firm overnight before applying. Thinned royal icing can be piped into the recessed areas of the textured fondant. (see picture below)
- You can also add fondant accents to embellish the cupcakes or cookies. (see picture below)
Pictures and information taken with permission from Autumn Carpenter Designs. www.autumncarpenter.com